Monday 7 March 2016

Challenged!!! Day 7

Phew! I've made it to the end of the first week :)

Today we did maths. Boykin was practising measuring angles and calculating angles in a circle using a clockface and a compass. He was also introduced to the names of the different types of angles and learnt how to spell them. The Girl was practising working with percentages.

Boykin went off to play at his friends house and I had an unsolved car mystery. His friend lives up a track so I left my car parked on the road at the bottom. When I got back 20 minutes later, my car was no longer parked neatly at the side of the road. It was sprawled diagonally across it, blocking it to all other traffic. (Fortunately it's a very rural road and there was no other traffic.) The car had not been bumped and was not damaged in any way. The door was locked and the handbrake was on. So, thinking my handbrake must've gone, I went straight to the garage where my lovely garage man tested it out up and down the slope. Apparently my handbrake is splendid and works fine. Absolutely no idea how my car ended up across the road like that.

While I was away, The Girl had begun a sewing project and upcycled a pair of jean :) When she'd finished she took me out for tea and cake at a local cafe as my belated Mother's Day treat :) It was ace!!

Then it was guitar lessons all round. I went tutoring (more percentages) and then to singing lesson.

Now we are all tired out and will shortly be having, supper, stories and bed methinks.

G'night xx




No comments:

Post a Comment