The Girl has been cooking again :0)
Tonight we had salmon lollipops with cat and mouse baked potatoes followed by banana, strawberry and raspberry smoothie. More yumminess :)
Annabel's Kitchen: My First Cookbook cos we never have the right ingredients and improvise lots)
2 pieces of salmon fillet skinned and cut into cubes
2 1/2 fl oz fresh orange juice
3 tablespoons treacle (not golden syrup)
2 teaspoons soy sauce
1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
8 bamboo skewers soaked in water for as long as it takes to make glaze :)
1. Put orange juice, vineagar, soy auce and treacle into a pan and bring to a fast boil for about 3 minutes until it goes syrupy and rduces a little.
2. Pour the glaze into a shallow dish and let it cool.
3. Meantime, pre-heat the grill on a medium heat.
4. Put the salmon cubes onto the skewers and dip into the glaze until they are covered all over.
5. Cover a baking tray in foil, place the salmon lollipops on the tray and grill for 5 mins or so.
6. Turn then over and glaze again. Cook for a nother dew minutes until cooked through and allow to cool slightly before eating. (Treacle glaze is very hot)
Baked potatoes were cooked first then scooped out. Use the innards to make mash potato as normal and add chopped chives and grated cheese. Put the mixture back into the skins and cover with more grated cheese. Grill until brown. Use cloves, olives, soft cheese, raisins, red peppers, in fact, anything you like to make them into any animal you fancy :)
2 bananas, cut into chunks
2 oz raspberries
2 oz strawberries
1 150g pot raspberry yoghurt
a couple of squirts of Sweet Freedom natural sweetener for sweet toothed people (or any sweetener you like - it was just what we had in our cupboard)
Put the fruit and yoghurt in a liquidiser and whizz.
Pour into glasses and add sweetener to individual taste.
The Girl's verdict - Delicious! The best meal I've ever eaten :)